Thursday, January 15, 2009

Ella's First School Closure

Today, Ella was supposed to go back to school after her month-long break. But, we'll have to wait one more week to see all of her friends. School was canceled due to the -22 temp and -45 windchill.


It's probably a good thing to not have to go out in the frigid cold - I'm not complaining! Ella woke up around 4:30a coughing, so I eventually snuck in her room to put the humidifier in, which seemed to help her a lot - it's just so dry.

Being home to play all day is pretty tiring. Good thing Chewy is always her pal at nap time! Ella also has a new favorite activity. Eating her board books. She loves to look at books and just pours over the pictures, but eventually, in the mouth they go. I've had to dig mushy cardboard from her mouth several times, so she's definitely on strict watch with the library books Loran brought home for her. He doesn't need to be in any more trouble with the library other than the usual!

No comments: