Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Baby You Can Drive My Car - beep beep, beep beep - yeah!

I've seen these little push cars around all over. They are just adorable, kids love them and they get great reviews. I've been looking to get one for Ella. We almost bought one at Target this weekend, but decided to wait for a sale. Well...another reason why craigslist is awesome for kids toys - I found a brand-new, in-the-box car for a great deal!

Ella and I went on a trip to Cottage Grove to pick up the new set of wheels. We've had a great time tooling around the house!


Ella started swimming lessons again at Courage Center. She was a swimming machine - though, I'm reluctant to compare her to a fish. Fish don't have opposable thumbs - those opposable thumbs and their pals, the fingers, got into a bit of trouble during our dressing time after swimming. I was solo due to Loran's video shoot for work. Showering myself and Ella and getting both of us dressed quickly isn't as easy. Ella decided to be extra helpful and use those little hands to empty my gym bag, throw clothes onto the wet floor and dump her toiletry bag. The things we do for the privilege of swimming in a 98 degree pool...Ella doesn't understand how good she has it. I'll be sure to regale her in the future with tales of how when I was a child, I had swimming lessons in freezing water at the local middle school....after walking uphill...both ways...barefoot.

No comments: