Ella had her 15 month exam today. It's safe to say that her memory works. She still remembers the doctor's office and represented that retained memory by having a panic attack. Luckily, she didn't throw up this time - it was close though.
Ella weighs 20.5 pounds - 15%
Ella is 32 inches tall - 97%
And her head is still at 25%
She's dropped off her growth curve again, but the doctor said it's to be expected now that she's cruising along furniture. We'll just continue packing on the high calorie foods.
Ella received her first prescription today. She has a slight sinus infection and since we're going to be flying again to Florida in a few weeks, our doctor wanted to make sure she was all cleared up for the flight so we wouldn't have a repeat of our last flight. It would explain the cold that keeps reappearing every few weeks.
Because of our upcoming trip to Rome, Ella's Hep. A booster was moved up three months to this visit, so she was the lucky recipient of four shots. She screamed like a torture victim and was her happy self a few minutes later. Such drama.
We had to go to Target to fill Ella's prescription and of course, there was that 20 minute wait. I'm starting to think that's just a marketing ploy. They could probably fill the prescription in two minutes, but if I'm given 20 minutes to kill in Target, they know I will fill the cart with all kinds of things that I didn't come in for.
Case in point:
I came in for Ella's prescription - cost: $0 (thanks to insurance)
I left with - Ella's prescription, clearance shirts (size 3T and 4T), clearance jeans (2T), clearance spring jacket (2T), hair clips, organic fruit bars and a clearance trike (Ella's 2nd b-day) and I got $10 cash. Let's say, I spent more than $50 but less than $100.
What a profitable 20 minutes for Target. Or, as the stock holder I am, TGT (which is currently down .73 as I write this - so my stimulus attempt isn't working)
The good news is, Ella loves her amoxicillian. I was worried about having to force 4.5 ml of meds down her throat twice a day for two weeks if she hated it. So far, the first dose made her eyes light up and put a huge smile on her face. I'm feeling confident it will turn out like when I had to give our cat morphine - the cat actually opened her mouth for it. I'm hopefully not setting Ella up for a lifelong prescription meds addiction!
This post brought to you by....

No comments:
Post a Comment