Monday, April 27, 2009

Downward Facing Baby Randomness

The other night, Ella pushed up on her feet and was suddenly only standing on her feet and hands - yoga style. She didn't freak out about it, but she also didn't seem too sure of what to do next. After a minute, she eventually gave way and fell and hasn't done it since, but it was funny to see. I tried to get the video from our video camera to my computer, but the software isn't working. You'll just have to use your imagination.

She's quite proficient at seal crawl now. She uses her knees a little and can get all around. She isn't very adventurous and is typically happy to stay in the living room, even on her own. She has gotten into a little bit of trouble, such as the day we left for Florida. I'd just dressed her, left the room to get a magazine for my carry-on, came back in the room to find Ella in the dining room laying in a puddle of tipped over cat water - and quite proud of her accomplishment!

Ella's last few PT sessions have gone really well. No crying and plenty of showing off. She's in such a great mood now that she's seal crawling.

She's currently cruising all over the living room while we watch "Preschool Musical" on Sesame Street.

This weekend was our designated spring cleaning weekend. (first ever!) We were quite busy around the house, especially during Ella's naps, but also found some time to take Ella swimming at the gym and do some shopping. As part of our spring cleaning, the city had a curbside 'trash to treasure' day where you could set things out marked "free" for others to pick up. We got rid of some luggage and a grill - but in exchange, I picked up a Little Tikes hair salon for Ella. Now I have to scour ebay to get the accessories: hairdryer, curling iron, makeup, etc. I spent part of my spring cleaning time making the salon like new! Now I have to figure out where to put this giant plastic bit of craziness in our little house.

We've enjoyed the warmer weather and have been playing out in the yard a bit. Ella doesn't leave the blanket, but she has enjoyed sampling some leaves and grass! Ella was pointing out every car, truck or van that passed, saying "CA". Then, a school bus drove by and I called it a bus. Now, every car, truck or van that passes is a "BU". Gotta love generalizing.



No comments: