Monday, April 6, 2009

Nacho Nacho Girrrrrl...

Ella is getting better! I think we've finally hit the antibiotic jackpot. Thanks Abbott Laboratories! We've had two semi-cough-free nights. In fact, as far as I could tell, there was no coughing at all last night and only one quick bout the night prior. Still a little thick in the morning, but there's been a huge improvement. Hopefully, she'll be ship-shape for Florida in less than two weeks so we don't have to be the screamers on the plane again.

Ella has more PT this morning, so this is a quickie.

Yesterday, I was enjoying a snack of nachos while Ella enjoyed some peanut butter crackers (Loran went hard-core and opted to snack on a pot pie). She was very interested in what I was eating so I gave her a nacho. Typically, she wants nothing to do with my food and pushes it away. This time, there was a connection, thereby proving the bond that Ella and I share. She enjoyed that first little nacho, and several to follow. So much, she had some Doritos dust on her forehead for awhile following her gastronomical journey.




We followed up our nutritional exploits with some Chef Boyardee Pasta Pick-ups for dinner. My child, who usually refuses most noodles, will apparently devour pasta and sauce if it's in the shape of lobsters. At least it has calories. Getting this child to gain weight is like trying to get the contestants of Miss Teen USA to eat.

So, I'm out of Mom of the Year running given yesterday's snack and dinner - but - she's eating!

Twins opener tonight! I'll be attending with my sister and dad. Ella will be going to swimming lessons with her Daddy tonight!

2 comments:

Megan said...

Our nephew, Ryder, is in the 2% for height and the 68% for head....go figure. His poor mom was told to feed him things that are essentially coated in melted butter to plumpen him up but that just seemed to like some form of child abuse.

A doctor I work with suggests bacon and potato chips. Probably the only time a doctor will ever suggest you eat that. Oh, if only I was a skinny baby.

Christy Gutt said...

Yep, Ella's on the super butter diet. She gets to eat full-fat everything. LUCKY Girl!