Friday, May 1, 2009

The Fugitive

Being a mom is awesome!

Is not what I was thinking last night as I dug a rogue piece of poop out of our return air register after it rolled away during a diaper change.


Ella decided last night would be the night of 'downward facing baby' as she perfected this little trick of hers. Not sure where it will take her, but it's fun to watch. She's getting good at it and doesn't even face plant when she lands. Maybe this will be her new form of crawling, since it incorporates her favorite - stiff legs.

Today, Ella and I were at the library and the much coveted MN Zoo pass was in stock. This has only happened a few times when we're there - and we're there a lot. So, we snatched that up. The only problem was...we checked out the Bell Museum of Natural History pass (otherwise known as the Fur Museum, by Loran) last Saturday so I wasn't eligible to check out another pass until Sunday. Well, by then, it would surely be another five month wait for the zoo pass. The librarian suggested that Ella get a library card. Two minutes later, Ella was the proud owner of her first library card, a horse bookmark and a pass to the zoo!

So many adventures ahead! Stride Rite tonight to get expensive shoes for Ella's expensive insoles. Fur Museum tomorrow and the zoo next week with Chelsey!

1 comment:

Megan said...

that is so awesome that your library lets you check out zoo and museum passes! seriously, springtime is probably the best time to be at the zoo, too with all the little baby animals. Ugh i'm such a sap these days. I melt at pretty much everything.