Saturday, May 2, 2009

Not in a Cup, Not in a Cone

Ella had an amazing first - she moved from her tummy into sitting. She used her yoga pose to get there. I was in the other room and heard a little thud. I peered around the corner and Ella was just sitting there, not bothered by the move at all. I was so proud of her and let her know!

We went to the Bell Museum today and spent most of our time in the touch and feel room. Ella found her own fun with the pelts. She loves feeling the various fur textures, but she really loved pulling them off the table and onto the floor. She thought this was hilarious. It was pretty funny to watch.

You can tell by the glimmer in her eye, she's hatched a brilliant idea!



That brilliant idea in action.

Banging rocks together.

Checking out beaver logs.

Reading a bird book with Daddy.

After lunch at the museum, a stop at Whole Foods, a pseudo nap for Ella and a trip to the gym - we decided to make our first trip to Cup and Cone for the season. Ella still can't be convinced to try ice cream. Someday, she'll throw tantrums every time we pass the little ice cream shack, so I should be grateful. But, she's missing out! Loran had a cone, I had a shake - Ella ended up with sticky fingers and no ice cream in her mouth. Someday.

No comments: