Saturday, June 6, 2009

Artist in Residence

Yesterday, Ella and I went shopping for Loran's Father's Day gift. I thought it would be fun if Ella decorated the wrapping paper, so I wrapped it in plain brown paper and used the power of the internet to find some finger paints I could make at home.

Here's our finger paint recipe:
3T flour
1T cornstarch
water until it's a thin paste
food coloring

It washes off easily and it's edible - if your budding artist is into taste testing their medium.

I donned and apron.


Stripped Ella down and went outside.


Ella tried to paint.


Ella didn't like to paint.


Ella was in the bath ten minutes later.


But we did it!

Yesterday, we purchased a Wii! Loran and I figured it would be a good way to spend some couple-time (what?!?!) at the end of the night. Rather than just veg out on the couch watching reruns all summer. Last night we bowled and played tennis while Ella slept. We're also trying to figure out how to get it online, since our wireless router lives five feet away from it, you wouldn't think it would be very difficult...


Loran and our new toy!
It reminds me of the Simpson's episode where Milhouse gets the newest game, Bonestorm. He's all impressed by the game, and all he's done is enter his name: THRILLHO

No comments: