Monday, October 12, 2009

Introducing....

Saturday afternoon, the family headed down to Premier Imaging to get our ultrasound done. It was a really fun experience and we came away from it with our arms brimming with freebies. Ella was about as patient through the entire experience as a 21 month old can be. When we first started out, we were told that Bearclaw's umbilical cord was between the legs. Ugh! But, this place lets you come back for free if they can't figure out the gender. Yay! I downed a Sprite before going in and had emergency Skittles - just in case. Bearclaw was awake and active. We saw arms moving around, legs kicking, yawns, thumb sucking, arm sucking...it was great! And in the end we walked away with a bunch of photos, a CD of photos and a DVD of the entire ultrasound (set to lullabies - no AC/DC!)

So here is our newest daughter, Ella's little sister...

This is Lillian Caroline Gutt. Also known as Lily or Bearclaw. And since Ella has no shot at being able to say Lillian or Lily - Baby also works. It looks like she's smiling and giving a little wave.

Our tech was a bit of a joker. Announced there were triplets...haha... he also asked if this baby looked like Ella did at the same age. I figure most 22 weekers look the same at this stage. It needs a little baby fat to fill out the face a bit.

Arms crossed


But then she had arms crossed and started sucking on one of them. This is something my child would do.

To be an extra show-off, Lillian decided to pull both feet up and start kicking me. It was funny to see the little feet up by her head and then feel the movement.

Today we had my 22 week appointment. It went well, Lillian's heart is nice and strong and she's measuring right on. I've had some pretty serious itching throughout the entire pregnancy, so I was lucky enough to get a biopsy today. It wasn't that bad, and having Ella to entertain was a good distraction. I also got cleared to not do the regular gestational diabetes test - YAY!! No Glucola for me!! I get to fast, have a blood draw, eat breakfast and have a blood draw two hours later. I can definitely handle that. Also, probably much to Loran's dismay - until my next ultrasound, we shouldn't book any travel until they know where my placenta is going. If it's not moving up, then I'll probably have some restricted activity. But, it was low with Ella and eventually moved up, so I'm not going to worry about it yet. I sure love my doctor, even Ella was nice and patient whenever the doctor was in the room.

After the doctor's appointment, it was off to JoAnn's to buy letters for Lillian's room to paint. I didn't buy the quilt fabric yet because the lines were really long and Ella had already been a little trooper throughout the hour long doctor's visit and then shopping. I wasn't about to push my luck at lunch time. Besides, we have time!

1 comment:

Ami Paulsen said...

HORRAY! Congratulations! I love the name Lillian!