We brought Ella in for her second H1N1 shot - now she's invincible. Which is why she's sparkling like when you get a star in Mario games. But following the shot, we continued to drag her around the cities on various errands.
The last of those was a tour of the hospital. They started giving tours again now that H1N1 isn't a pandemic. We wanted to see the new remodeled rooms. Coincidentally, the tour was exactly two years almost to the hour that I was admitted into the same hospital to have Ella. It was very weird to be walking the halls again (this time not in labor). I got a little teary. Ella however, got a little bored. She started with a chorus of "down"s which then turned into various little screams and escalated into a temper tantrum/tears/crying. Let's just say, the first time moms who were on the tour were starting to doubt this "parenting" thing they were getting themselves in to. I just smiled and listened politely, pretending that the screaming banshee outside the room door wasn't mine. Eventually, Loran escorted said banshee to the waiting room so as not to disturb everyone who was trying to recover from birth.
We're getting ready for Ella's big 2 year old party tomorrow. There's much to do and I, unfortunately, am battling first trimester-like fatigue. I can barely function so when I get a little burst of energy, I have to use it to my best ability. This afternoon, I tried to lay on the couch and relax, but Lillian decided it was salsa dancing time and I just watched the blanket that was over my belly dance and wiggle and felt each corresponding shimmy. Glad she's content and able to entertain herself in there.
Ella was a little crabby this evening. I'm sure her leg is hurting a bit from the shot. We attempted to put her to bed a little earlier than normal. But, she decided that was a bad idea and howled for quite a bit. I finally went into her room to find her standing in her crib, in the dark...angry. I rocked and cuddled with her for a bit. We sang 'Happy Birthday' a couple of times and talked about her party. She just cuddled right in. It was actually wonderful. She never cuddles any more. Eventually, she said, "night, night" and that was that. She was ready to lay down with her pals, Chewy, Bear, Bear and Doggie. And that's how I bid farewell to my one year old Ella. Tomorrow I shall welcome two year old Ella with all things Elmo and Sesame Street. It'll be grand.
No comments:
Post a Comment