Thursday, December 17, 2009

Making Room for Lily

I've been horrible about updating. Partially because the Santa photo was so amazing that I couldn't bury it for awhile under other posts. Mostly because getting ready for a newborn + toddler + holidays + everyday upkeep has really got me bogged down. I can only nest during naptime if I want it to be productive. But when naptime comes, I want to just lay on the couch and rest. It's a balancing act between getting things done and overdoing it.

Loran and I spent a weekend early in December getting some stuff done for Lily. It was actually a big relief to start the ball rolling on that, and it really got us excited for her arrival. Ella was very helpful in sorting out baby clothes. She was actually quite fixated on one pair of pants and was trying to wear them. Already in sister-mode with the clothes borrowing...

Seriously Mom, I can totally fit into these. Let me check the tag.

Ella loves Lily's "going home" pants (but she did help pick them out)

I'd saved Ella's doll accessories to open when we were setting up for Lily so she'd have something her own size to play with. She's loving taking care of her babies. It's so nice to see her hug, kiss and feed them. Only a few months ago she was throwing them and hitting them in the head.


At 30 weeks, I had a doctor's appointment. I was measuring at 32 weeks. So, I'm hoping that Lily had a growth spurt and that doesn't mean that I'm housing a gigantic baby. I feel like she'll be in the 8 pound region...I base this on nothing. Other than that, my weight is right on track (unlike with Ella) so I've got that going for me. My rings still fit! I feel like I'm all baby this time. With Ella I spread out all over, but this seems very concentrated in my stomach region. I'm sure chasing a toddler has kept me somewhat in shape. I'm not sure my belly button will remain an innie this time either...it's getting close.

I've scheduled all of my doctor's appointments between now and past my due date. That's so weird. Another visit at 34 weeks, then I'm on the 2 week schedule until 38 weeks! Eeeek!!

No comments: