Monday, January 18, 2010

36 Weeks!



We had our 36 week visit with the doctor today. Everything is looking good. We got to see Lily via ultrasound once again. We were in the room that has the "old" machine. At this stage, it's hard to see anything really well since the baby is so big. We did see that she's head down. Unfortunately, she's also face up - which would mean back labor. But, she has plenty of time to turn and her head isn't fully engaged so that will help encourage her to look sideways. We saw her playing with her fingers and practice breathing. I'm measuring 35 weeks. I'm also 1 cm dilated and 10-20% effaced. Which, at 36 weeks, I'm definitely happy with. I'm still hoping she waits until February. Of course, anything can happen - babies like to surprise you.

Today was one of the few visits where you have to fill the cup - if-you-know-what-I-mean...At this point, it's just cruel and unusual punishment. I have no aim and no visual contact with what's happening. And, I didn't really have to go (imagine that!). So, I brought my cup to the lab containing approximately five drops and said, "good luck with that."

And now we waddle towards full term...
These are pretty impossible to figure out. The top one shows her fingers in a little fist. The bottom one is a partial profile with a hand near the mouth. In a few weeks, this will all be in color and 4D, just be patient while we finish up.

No comments: