Sunday, January 17, 2010

Street!

Ella has had another productive week of being 2.

I came home on Wednesday night, after youth group at church to a very quiet house. When I went to investigate, I found that a fort had been erected in our living room. Ella and Loran were hiding out in their fortress.


After showing me the fort and it's amazing ability to defend our living room from such enemies as the cat and various stuffed animals, Loran and Ella played their new favorite game. Ella calls it "POP!" which she says the moment Loran walks in the door from work. It's really just Loran throwing her in the air and saying "pop" when he catches her. It makes Ella crazy.


We replaced Ella's fish, which had died over the weekend with a new Betta and upgraded tank. Ella loves this fish. Unfortunately, this fish seems to be sick. I think it has Ich (pron. ick) which is a pretty common fish fungus, but even though I made a last ditch effort to get to the pet store last night before they closed to buy medicine for the water, it may have been too late. Tomorrow, if this fish has joined his comrade - we'll be returning his little body to PetSmart for a refund and not be buying any more fish from them. Good thing Ella's not quite old enough to really be bothered by this yet.



We brought Ella to Sesame Street Live! on Saturday. We brought her to Key's for breakfast beforehand where she devoured her pancake and bacon in between coloring and chatting with us. Ella seemed a little apprehensive of the show at first, but did seem to enjoy it. By the end, she was dancing in the space in front of our seat, smiling and laughing.


The only low-point of the experience was for me and my highly pregnant bladder. At the end of the show, I opted to not use the Target Center bathrooms. Per my earlier experience in the woman's room wherein each stall was like a clown car, filled to the brim with one mom and several children. It was madness. We tried the Graves Hotel across the street - coincidentally, where we stayed on our wedding night. But, in its poshness, there was no public restroom available. We ventured across the lobby to the Starbucks. This restroom was occupied and three flushes later and no one attempting to leave the restroom, I figured I might not want to use it once it was vacated. Then, we went to a public restroom in the Block E establishment. Apparently, the woman using it didn't feel the need to lock the door. Gross. Seriously. I should have just sucked it up and waded through the ankle biters and used the Target Center restrooms. Live and learn.

Tomorrow is the big 36 week appointment. This is all coming very quickly now. I can't believe in a few more weeks, we'll have TWO girls to take care of. It'll be madness, chaos and fun as can be! Hopefully we all get out alive!

No comments: