Friday, February 12, 2010

Fun With Tummy

Last night, I rallied myself and Ella and we showed up to a Historical Society meeting. Not only were we both dressed, but we were both clean, happy and I had makeup on! We had a great time being out in the world and seeing people and Ella did really well sitting in the highchair for nearly two hours. When the group of ladies got a little rowdy, Ella would throw her arms up and start cheering. I think she liked being in the middle of the fundraiser planning.

Actually, in reality and gearing up for having my photo taken one of these days, I've gotten up every day and put real clothes on, like actual outfits and jewelry. I've done my hair and put on makeup. Every single day. And, it makes me happier to at least not look like the absolute wreck I'm starting to feel like. Various pains, pressure, tightening and oozing. It's so glamorous at the end. I don't remember it being like this with Ella. I know my pre-labor symptoms were not this drawn out.

Yesterday I felt pretty darn good. Today, not so much. I woke up thinking I was going into labor with a couple of contraction-like things. But, they eventually died off and after a stern lecture towards Lily, Loran eventually made his way into work. Late morning I had a few more contraction-like things, but those seem to have died off. Perhaps Lily wants to be one of the 10% of babies to actually be born on their due date. Fine by me!

I think Loran has really been anticipating labor starting too. He's excited to see Lily, but her birth begins two weeks of vacation for him. He's a bit like a kid waiting and hoping for a snow day. Last Sunday, he was working on some projects he'd put off because he didn't think he'd be going in on Monday. Let down. Most mornings, he at least has a general idea of what his day looks like schedule-wise. The past few days, he's seemed pretty clueless. Once again, anticipating that it won't really matter what's happening the following day. But, we've made it to another Friday and Loran's still chugging away at work. I know my own dad has been excited for every phone call, hoping it's the call that will break him from his own cubical. Especially today, on his birthday. I talk to my mom everyday and the only request is that she make his favorite dessert for his birthday - and have it out of the oven before they have to leave for the hospital, should the need arise. I'm not sure if he's planning on bringing his birthday dessert to the hospital to eat while he waits, but he certainly has his priorities.

Here are some weird pics I took of my belly last night and some other random shots.

Obviously, this should have been posted earlier in the week, since my 40 week photo is tomorrow...but the camera has been sitting at its post near the door since Monday. Look at that smiling, naive face, thinking she'd have her baby at any moment...what a sucker.

This week, I did receive a box in the mail. It was quite the nice surprise. Not only do I get indulged with an in-hospital massage, but they sent me a gift bag full of goodies! Yummy lip balm, oil for my stretched tummy and tea. Totally unexpected, but totally made my day!

The view from above. It's no wonder all of my shirts are stained and I can't get my socks on. Just to put some perspective on this...those foothills before the mountain are now Ds. Never in my wildest middle school/high school dreams did I think I'd have a set that went that far into the alphabet...and now they're completely trumped by my stomach. That's just the way life works.

The view from below...it's like a planet. Wii Fit calls it "obese" but we call it Lily.

1 comment:

Kate H said...

Schmabulous pics, Christy.