Saturday, February 6, 2010

Not a winner, but still a winner...

I picked today in the baby pool. Looks like I'm not the winner.

Last night was the first night in many, many months that I went to bed without a Zantec (generic of course) for my reflux. I started taking it early in the pregnancy when I was waking up in the wee hours of the night choking on stomach acid. Appealing, I know. Since taking my Zantac at bedtime, I've had blissful nights of sleep, which is saying a lot when you're pregnant. My bottle runneth empty and I figured that maybe, I wasn't going to be bothered any more and there are only a few nights left anyway, I'd just tough it out and take the old Tums route of the first pregnancy.

Bad choice. Guess who was at CVS today buying another month's worth of pills? I bought the CVS brand, so I got double extra bucks - score!

It was a rough night, so I'm glad to have not gone into labor today. Hopefully, tonight I'll catch a little more sleep. Of course, I also pounded a pumpkin spice latte after church tonight, so I'm buzzed for awhile.

We walked many laps at the mall today. It may not have produced a baby, but my legs will look splendid for shorts weather!

In amazing, I'm the luckiest woman alive news...we received a newsletter from our hospital in the mail yesterday. It had an article highlighting the newly remodeled maternity ward and some of the additional services they provide. One of them was from a business called Go Home Gorgeous. I figured it was going to be similar to Mary Kay and some consultant would come to my hospital room and give me a "make-over" and send me home looking somewhat like Mimi from the Drew Carey Show...
These colors will look wonderful with my new blog style...

But, when I used "the Google" to look it up, turns out - it's awesome!! They come and give you spa treatments and massages. Ummm...yes, please? Well, my wonderful and caring husband had me signed up before I had even finished reading the homepage! Not only that, I found out that they are actually just starting to serve St. John's and another nearby hospital tomorrow night (Sunday). So, the timing couldn't be more perfect! I'm really lucky to have such a wonderful husband who happens to also be an awesome father to my girls. This beats the future life I envisioned in high school: an elementary teacher living in an apartment in New Brighton with many, many cats.

No comments: