It happened. It happens to nearly every child at some point. It usually upsets the mother more than the child, which was true in Lily's case, Lily only squawked for a second. However, when I did it to Ella, she was older and there was less blood. If this had happened to Ella at six weeks, we may have ended up at the ER. Lily got a bandage, two actually (Nexcare of course), and a mitten over it.
I cut the tip of Lily's thumb while cutting her nails. I thought for sure she'd be lethargic from all of the blood loss, given her small stature. I may have been over-reacting. Me? noooo.... probably.
Luckily, we were able to recover from the bloodletting to go have pancakes with Nana, Papa and Nathan and then visit Julie and her new baby, Oliver.
Today, I brought the girls to get their photo with the Easter Bunny. It went well. In that, the photo was taken and they gladly accepted my payment for that disaster. Much like our Santa photo, the words "I'm okay with crying" were used. *snap* photo complete. But, I'll post that later...

No comments:
Post a Comment