Wednesday, March 31, 2010

First Santa, Now the Easter Bunny

I got both girls into Easter dresses and managed to get to the mall without any major falls, spills, spit-ups or blow-outs. Ella was excited to see the Easter Bunny while we were in line (thankfully, only one family in front of us) but once it was her turn to meet the big guy, tears.

I told the 17 year old photographer that I was fine with a crying photo so she started snapping away. Ella started on the bunny's knee, but arched her back in an attempt to escape and slid off his lap, landing on her butt on the floor. I swooped in and put her next to the bunny, kissed her head and let them take more photos.

Lily was content that she was being held. She didn't care if it was a six foot upholstered rabbit. She's not picky as to whose arms she's in.

We thanked the rabbit and apologized for the crying (he's just lucky she didn't throw up...I suppose I'm lucky because I'd hate to see the bill for dry cleaning a bunny costume). Once she was five feet away from the bunny, she was fine. I paid for my future blackmail photos/senior grad announcement photos and we went to see the fountain and carousel in the mall. All trauma forgotten.

Then, it was off to home to change into play clothes asap before any horror befell the dresses. They still have to make it through the weekend. But Sunday afternoon, all bets are off.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Oh my lord that is the cutest and saddest photo of Ella. I remember back in the day to last year when we had the same thing. Just wait....one more year and I promise you will get a great photo!