I'm sure you're here looking for some precious photos of the girls in Easter dresses finding eggs. I have them. I have over 300 of them...but not today friends, maybe tomorrow, but not today.
There are some days that just make you want to crawl into a hole. Make you wonder what you got yourself into. Make you appreciate your mom a little more.
My awesome day started with a trip to the dentist. Just a cleaning. Hahaha...yes, just a cleaning. I thought my teeth were looking pretty good, I was so wrong. Only one small cavity but my gums are apparently very hospitable to the bacteria that live there. Not only that, they think I'm genetically predisposed to it! Booya! I was on dental probation last year with a 3 month cleaning schedule and I broke free of it after having several stellar visits. I think I've earned myself back onto the 3 month schedule. I think I'll bring my coffee mug to keep at the office since I'll be there quite often. I didn't even get my teeth cleaned, they spent the whole time using the "cavinator" to de-gunk my teeth. I left with prescription mouth wash and I *get* to go back on Monday to have the cleaning finished. Then, go back two weeks later for my filling. Awesome. :(
After that load of fun, I loaded the girls and my sore gums into the car and went to pick up my bridesmaid dress. It's so pretty and so depressing/motivating because I know I don't fit into it. It's one size smaller than my current size. Motivation to lose baby weight...I hope. But, in that little journey, Ella fell asleep for about 20 minutes. And that, was her nap for the day. Awesome.
Tonight, Loran was at a conference downtown. I decided tonight would be a good night to bring the girls to see my youth group at church. Ella and I sat down for a nice lasagna dinner and even though Ella loves lasagna, she seems to have forgotten. She wouldn't touch it. She did, however, love the green beans. After demolishing hers, she then ate most of mine. Awesome!
About ten minutes before I wanted to walk out the door to go to church, as I was nursing Lily, Ella decided to let her lack of nap show through. She just started hitting Lily. I tried to peacefully tell her use "nice touch", "be gentle", "quit it", "Ella NO!" - my patience snowballed and things started going downhill as she continued to beat the small child who was just trying to eat. Being scolded upset Ella, who then started crying. Oh yes, the vomit cry. As I sat helpless, nursing Lily, Ella stood in the middle of the room, ie: middle of one of the only rugs we have in our otherwise wooden floored house and let out a vomit that was reminiscent of the scene in "The Exorcist". So not only was there green spew shooting out, she was also holding Chewy up to her mouth and the floor was covered in toys. OMG! Lily went into the swing, Ella got stripped down and changed. The rug was scrubbed and we were out the door five minutes later. Only three hours later did I notice I had green spooge on my cardigan. Awesome.
Thinking everything was behind us, we arrived at church and were greeted by very excited middle school girls and leaders. It was fun to show off the girls. But, in trying to add to the fun, Ella decided to add even more drama to the night. As we were in the gym that was slowly filling out with middle schoolers, Ella mistakenly followed one of the girls in my group as she walked away, thinking it was me. Ella was chasing this girl down across the room, crying. But then the girl turned around to see what all of the commotion was, Ella realized it wasn't me and then really lost it. I was chasing after Ella with Lily in my arm and eventually my co-leader, Kelly, chased Ella down and caught her. The vomit cry was in progress, but...Ella had nothing left to hurl, so we were spared that awesomeness. Ella sat on my lap for the rest of the visit. Awesome?
Once we got home, I had to re-feed Ella and try to put some order to the chaos that was now our house. Lily was very patient and happy in her bouncer until I needed to spend time with Ella, then it was time for her to scream like she was being tortured.
I'm so ready for today to be done. I want to just crawl into bed for days. But I can't I have to floss and use my special rinse and take care of my babies. Tomorrow will be a happier day. Right?
No comments:
Post a Comment