No grumping, here comes the sweetness!
There's just something about spring: rebirth, Jesus and precious little girls in twirly dresses. Things that make you smile and give you hope that there is something to this crazy world.
Friday evening, I made a three layer, key lime cake. I am a pretty good baker, but I've never made a cake that had layers, so this was highly exciting. Unfortunately, the act of baking was too exciting for Ella to take - not to mention that Ella's room is right off the kitchen. We must have tucked her into bed twenty times. But within seconds, she was up, the door was open and she'd lean her cute little head on the gate and sweetly say, "All done!" or "Come out?" Finally, at 10:45, the cake was assembled, frosted, decorated and we were heading to bed. Ella couldn't believe we were packing up the fun and she was outlasting us.
Saturday, we had a little pre-Easter celebration. Church in the afternoon was great. Lily managed to last through worship and then I had to leave to feed her during the message, then a diaper change, next thing you know, it's the end of service. At the end of the service, Lily and I were standing in the back of the worship center and during the closing prayer, I was staring into those beautiful blue eyes with the long lashes and just taking in God's glory in my arms. One of the ushers, an older grandfatherly fellow, came up and told me he wished he'd had a camera to capture the way I was looking at my daughter during those moments. It made me tear up!
The group headed back to our house for some cake, coffee and a little Easter egg hunt. But, we have some brazen squirrels in our neighborhood. Some of the eggs were already busted into - plastic eggs. But, the little furry scoundrels were stealing the eggs while we were outside, within feet of them. It took Ella awhile to get into finding eggs, but she eventually got it.
Saturday evening, we had a family dinner at Washington Square. We sat at the same table that Loran and I sat at almost eight years ago for the first time. Here we were, years later, married and with two little girls. It was a great family dinner.
Sunday, Ella helped Lily find her Easter basket and then found her own. It was so fun to see Ella hunt around for it and then take everything out and study it. She loved her goodies.
We had our Easter lunch at Grandma R's house and Ella had a mini-egg hunt. Those eggs contained quarters, which were super fun to put in Ziplock bags and candle holders and of course, all over the floor!
We ended our day at Nana and Papa's house with dinner and more Easter surprises. Ella was having a great time, despite having little nap.
No comments:
Post a Comment