Weight: 9 pounds, 3 oz. - 50th percentile
Height: 22 1/2 inches. - 95th percentile
We had three great nights with Ella in her big bed. Then, we experienced Monday night. Around 11pm, I was in the kitchen and heard a small child's voice, counting. It was kind of scary and I was half expecting Chucky to jump out of the cabinet and attack me, only after a few seconds of panic did I realize it was actually Ella, counting, then talking about Elmo. We put her back to bed and set off to bed ourselves. Over the monitor, we kept hearing Ella talking away as the clock crept towards midnight. Then, I heard a bang. Loran went down to check it out. It was Ella. She learned how to open her door. Luckily, I've been putting the gate in front of her door, so she can't get anywhere once it's open, but there she was, standing in the doorway. She asked Loran if she could come out and "watch hockey". He put her back into bed and about 12:45, she was at it again. Loran went downstairs and there she was standing. This time, she asked if she could come out and "have fun". Ella finally settled down around 1am. She sure looked adorable cuddled in her bed this morning when I had to wake her up. Lucky for me, her mood was decent.
This evening, I managed to bring Ella to school on my own, with Lily. I had Lily in the front pack almost the whole time, and we did it! Ella had a great time at school. She absolutely loves it. Lily was very well behaved and got hungry as we were leaving. She melted down and screamed the whole way home, but luckily, we live near school and Ella is not phased by newborn crying anymore.
As the night wound down, I gave Ella her bath. She's just hilarious during bath time, but it led to her first three word sentence, that I've heard. She kept dunking her face in the bath water. I asked what she was doing and she looked up at me and point blank says, "Me drink bath". Duh. Of course...what was I thinking?
And to prove that Ella may have turned the corner in sister acceptance, only one month and two days after Lily's birth, I got a picture of the two girls together. Posed, on purpose, with Ella totally on board with what was happening. Lily was crying because she had a burp welling up, but I did it, finally!!! And, the icing on the cake, both girls are wearing my favorite pajamas - AND they match!! I'm in dorky mommy heaven!
No comments:
Post a Comment