Monday, March 15, 2010

Showered with Love!

On Saturday, my great friends Marie and Ellen threw a diaper shower for Lily and I. I welcome any excuse to get together with my girlfriends! Leaving the gathering armed with diapers and cute baby gear is just excellent! We met at one of my favorite local restaurants - where Loran and I had our first date...we just didn't know it was a date at that time! Now we're celebrating the birth of our second child there. Wow! Who knew what a lunch between two friends could lead to? Good thing Loran was "in the neighborhood" that one fateful summer day back in 2002...



Anyway, I had a fun time chatting and hanging out with my friends, all while playing a rousing game of pass the baby. Lily loved seeing everyone and was a very well behaved baby throughout the party. We're sure blessed to be surrounded by such great friends who love our children as much as we do.

Ella loves her bed. She likes to crawl into it throughout the day and just relax. I don't blame her, I read a bedtime story to her last night and almost stayed the night, it was so comfortable! We're going to need a tow truck to get her out of bed when she's a teenager. On Saturday night, I did the mom thing and checked on her before I went to bed. I crept into the room and squinted to check on her as my eyes adjusted to the dark. I noticed there was no child in the spot where I'd tucked her in. I quickly scanned the bed and didn't see her. Then I worried I'd opened the door on her, so peeked behind the door, no Ella. No Ella on the floor. I was just about to check the playhouse, wondering where she could have gone...then I saw her. Curled up in a little ball, at the foot of her bed, next to the lion. Chewy was over her head. Her brown and pink pajamas had camouflaged her in her brown and pink bedspread. I scooped her up, placed her back on her pillow and under the covers, put Chewy over her head and off she went into dreamland, never waking.
Yesterday's warm, gorgeous weather was just what we needed after a long winter. I was off being fitted for a bridesmaid dress while Ella and Loran ran errands. They did make a stop at a local park where Ella got to stretch her legs and play. Apparently, she was good at finding puddles because she got a bath when they got home!

Loran and I dropped the girls at my aunt and uncle's house and we were able to go on our first date since before Lily was born. It was nice to be kid-free. I didn't have to dig any snacks, toys or diapers out of my purse! We even had conversation! CONVERSATION!! What a nice change from the typical talk of snacks, Sesame Street and poop.

Lily has graduated from newborn size diapers to size 1. Awww...

No comments: