The girls keep on growing, as evidenced by this three week photo of Lillian, and as I type this, she's now four weeks old. A month!! How is that even possible??

Lillian had her first bottle with Daddy this week. It was still Mommy's milk, but Mommy wanted to go out with some girlfriends for a couple of hours. Never mind that I didn't leave until I could get pictures of Lily having her first bottle...

Ella's mattress arrived this week, which meant that we could finally get the giant boxes of furniture out of our dining room, but this also meant that we needed to do some organization to get the big girl room in order. I organized a lot of toys this week, boxed and labeled them - preschool style, in Ella's closet. Once that task was done, we spent Friday night celebrating Ella's big girl bed and it's assembly.


Ella woke up on Friday morning, pretty unsuspecting of what was going to happen that evening. Here she is, the last morning in a crib. Good thing too, she looks pretty large in that crib!

Ella "helped" me assemble her dresser. Basically, she wielded a screwdriver and "fixed" anything she could reach. In the process, I think my helper lost a couple of screws, so I had to improvise with our stash of hardware and once helper went down for a nap, the rest of the dresser was a breeze to assemble.
Loran came home with flowers for Ella to celebrate her big night. They're on her dresser and she's very proud of her first bouquet.

Before any assembly could begin,
Loran had to teach Ella how to have a sword fight with the packing materials. Here they are using
styrofoam pieces to fight with. Ella loved this portion of the evening.

She frequently lost in the matches because she kept throwing her "sword" at
Loran and laughing. Perhaps she's signaling to us that she's more of an archery fan.

Lily slept through the sword fights and the furniture being paraded back and forth in front of her as she slept in her seat, in the hall.




Testing out the bed. Ella quickly realized it was good for bouncing on.

And wrestling in general...

And it worked well for stories too...

But eventually, we had to say goodnight to our big girl and let her start her first night in her big bed. What you can't see is the railing on the bed, the crib mattress and extra pillows on the floor surrounding the bed and the gate in her doorway. I was going to configure some Velcro sheets and
jammies if she decided to try any escapes. But, she didn't. She fell right asleep and slept in the same spot and was even still laying there in the morning after she'd woken up. In fact, she loved her bed so much, she kept crawling back into it throughout the morning and telling us it was nap time. I thought actual nap time would prove problematic since it's daylight and she'd think she could get up and play, but she was so tired from her late night previous, that she went right to sleep and slept for a few hours.
I'd say the first night in the big bed was a success, let's hope for more!
No comments:
Post a Comment