Saturday, June 5, 2010

Wet Footprints

We decided Memorial Day would be the perfect day to potty train Ella. Or at least start. The diaper reserves were running low and at one point in her life, there seemed to be some interest. Plus, Loran had the day off. We decided to put her in underwear and see what happened...

I'll tell you what happened. We went through a lot of paper towels.

The first accident happened about ten minutes in. I found out there was an accident because I hear a thud and then some whimpering. Ella had slipped in her puddle. Kinda funny, if only it wasn't urine on the floor! Luckily we have wood floors and we'd planned ahead and rolled up the rugs.

The second accident happened about a half hour later. Ella came running to tell us the floor was wet. The little wet footprints proved the fact. Unfortunately, Ella didn't quite understand why the floor was wet.

The rest of the day was just a downward spiral of wet floors, underwear changes and paper towel usage. I'm guessing Ella's not quite ready yet. We even got potties at Ikea, which Ella loves to schlep around the house. She just doesn't want to sit on them. She makes her stuffed animals sit on the potty, but as for Ella, she'd rather keep going in her pants. Thank-you-very-much.

No comments: