Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Happy Half Birthday!

Lillian turned six months old on Friday. We had a little birthday celebration for her. I wanted to stick a birthday candle in her oatmeal, but...we own zero birthday candles. There was quite the search though. 

I quickly wrapped it with a Menard's Ad, but kept seeing it out of the corner of my eye in the kitchen and kept wondering who'd left a Duraflame log on the counter...

Making some progress on opening.

Spectators patiently waiting.

Lily goes for the tools she knows how to use...slobber and gums. Works every time!

Ella helped Lily finish, and Lily could have cared less since she was munching on a sale priced ceiling fan.

Mean parents took away the paper and out came the waterworks.

Once she'd calmed herself, Lily was able to enjoy her new blocks.

Lillian had her six month visit yesterday with the doctor. She is progressing just perfectly. No delays present! Here are the stats:
Weight: 15 1/4 pounds - 40%
Height: 28 inches - 106% (TALL GIRL!)
Head: 16 1/2 inches - 50%

This six months has really flown by. Lillian is now busy chatting away, laughing at her sister and trying new foods. She's so fun and has such a great personality. We're so blessed to have two wonderful girls who have made parenting rather easy. I'd like to think it's just my inherent talent, but really, these two make it look easy.

Lily also did the best she's done so far with her shots. Four total pokes and one oral vaccine. I gave her Tylenol a couple of hours prior - which is key. She recovered much quicker. I think it helps that she has considerably more fat on her thighs. One dose of Tylenol before bed and she woke up a happy girl. Early, but happy. Despite my best efforts, Lillian is turning into an early bird. She's now waking around 6:30 - 7am and chatting for awhile in bed before either falling back to sleep or deciding she's ready to get up and all need to know. Luckily, we're getting Ella on her back to school waking schedule, so it's not that rude of a wake-up. I'll take my baby who sleeps through the night, even if it means I'm up at 7am. I love cuddling my little newborns, but waking up every 1.5-2 hours...pass.

Happy Half Birthday Little Lil!


No comments: