Monday, August 16, 2010

Sweet Cheeks!

Yesterday, we went to the St. Paul Farmer's Market just to see what it was like. It was a fun experience with rows upon rows of vendors. Some I recognized from our local, smaller farmer's market. But one immediately caught my eye - Sweet Cheeks Baby Food. I've heard of this one-woman operation before and I read an article featuring the company in the New York Times. This is turning into a big deal! We chatted with the owner/baby food extraordinaire, Lori. We loved what she had to say and the growing business. We bought Lillian some Newbie food and Bickies teething biscuits.

I'm proud to say that I've made the majority of baby food that Ella and Lily have consumed. It's pretty easy, cost effective and nutritious. But Sweet Cheeks definitely has something...Lillian had apples for the first time last night and all I can say is...wow! Ingredients: apples. Smell: like an amazing apple dessert. Once again, it's just apple. Even better, locally sourced, organic apple. I really wanted to take a taste, but because Lily was so into them, I couldn't steal a spoonful from her.

The many stages of food introduction: Apples.

  What on Earth is this? It's not the squash/pears/green beans/oatmeal/banana/sweet potato I've grown accustomed to. Why do you do this to me?

Hmm...that wasn't bad. I accept this new food and welcome more.

I said MORE!! Faster. Here, let me help you with this, you aren't quite fast enough so you need some help delivering the spoonfuls to my mouth. 

Mmmm...contentment.

No comments: