Friday, October 1, 2010

Twins Tour

Last week, we took the tour of Target Field. It was so fun to see the behind the scenes stuff, and the areas I’ll probably never see unless we find a few extra thousand dollars laying around for the amazing-behind-home-plate-season-tickets…

086

Ella really enjoyed the tour and walking around with our group. Every time we’d get on the elevator, she’d announce, “Elevator with my friends!” or as the others got on, “Here come my friends!”

098084

Our group was rather stoic which was hilarious, considering it was a baseball field tour. It’s not like we were walking through the Vatican. While trying to keep Ella distracted and happy while we waited for another group to exit the visitor’s club house, I was pointing out the pipes running across the ceiling. There wasn’t much to work with in the area we were standing. Pipes became Ella’s newest obsession. Everywhere we’d turn where there were pipes was a very big deal. So, our stoic group who refused to crack smiles now got to listen to Ella chatter on and on about, “Pipes! Look at that, more pipes!” At least she was happy. I’d rather listen to a toddler ramble on and on about pipes than listen to her cry and whine.

090093

092

101094

After the tour, Loran treated his girls to dinner at a Chinese restaurant near his work. It was great food and Ella really tucked into the white rice, as usual. That kid could live on rice.

Ella made it back to school on Thursday and today. She was so happy to be with her teachers and friends. I was talking to another mom at pick-up and apparently, her son has a fondness for Ella. He was telling his mom how nice Ella was dressed and how pretty her hair is. She’s a little worried about what her future holds. I am too! Especially since Ella can attract the boys with her clearance Target clothing and her hair that features product made by Jiff and Aunt Jemima. I told Loran about Ella’s suitor and he was ready to be in protective Dad-mode. Then I told him that the boy’s dad is one of the coaches for BHS football so he decided he will “strongly disapprove of this internally” – hahaha, I love it!        

No comments: