Monday, October 25, 2010

Wild Child vs. Kids

The topic is: Hair.

Ella has always had hair. It just keeps coming. A week ago, I decided it was time for another haircut. Ella has easily had ten inches cut off over the course of three haircuts. The last two times, I’ve taken her to Kid’s Hair. We’ve been so happy with their service and the end result. This time, I had a coupon for Wild Child Hair and was excited to take her there. I’ve heard it’s the “posh” children’s salon. After I picked Ella up from school, we headed over. She was so excited, she even sat on their toilet – a first for her, she’s never volunteered to sit on a public toilet that wasn’t at school. She was so happy in the salon. They had great toys and a nice waiting area. We got in right away and the owner was our stylist. It all went downhill from there. I was not pleased.

IMG00326-20101015-1226  Our stylist was just rough on little Ella’s hair. Tugging and yanking. Ella was distracted by watching Elmo’s World but the tugging quickly reminded her that something different was going on and she’d start to cry. The stylist would just throw a sucker at her. Granted, Ella was pacified by a sucker, but her little head was getting tugged back on each swipe of the comb. I know her hair wasn’t perfectly combed through since she’d been at school all morning, but really? I can comb through her morning hair without snapping her neck. A little spray of detangler goes a long way. The stylist made zero conversation with me. They were all just yelling back and forth at one another, loud and rude. The stylist did put a cute braid in her hair, but that was hardly worth it. In the end, once it was dry, her little bob was all choppy. Her short hair is definitely easier to maintain, but it should have been a better experience, and has in the past.

006

Next time, we’re going to Kid’s Hair. They’ve won my business and referrals.

No comments: