Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Beating the Winter Blahs

We’ve been keeping busy, despite the cold weather.

A couple of weekends ago, we attended a rocking party on Saturday night. A pizza party at the Children’s Museum. I’m not going to lie. It was fun! The museum wasn’t very crowded and we had pizza, carrots and a cookie for dinner. Score! Both girls had a blast at the museum. I haven’t been there with Ella since she’s been a walker. But, we have a family pass now, so we’ll be back many times. Loran’s already taken them once. I didn’t have the big camera, so my phone photos will have to suffice, but trust me that there was a lot of fun!

IMG00162-20110108-1817 IMG00172-20110108-1900  IMG00170-20110108-1900IMG00163-20110108-1856 IMG00164-20110108-1856 IMG00167-20110108-1859

Ella rocked her second week at gymnastics. It helped to have Coach Loran step in. I think his eight years of cheerleading and hoisting girls into the air prepared him well to spot Ella. He got her to hang on the bars and rings and got her to go upside-down! She didn’t even panic when she fell onto the mat, she was ready for more! Ella is just growing in leaps and bounds these days. Her teachers are astounded, as are we. Each week, she has new words, new games, new motor actions. A-mazing! Now, if we could convince her to use the toilet at home like she does at school. As I type this, I have a dining room chair that is drying after someone matter-of-factly stated while eating, “pee on chair, need new pants, need paper towels.” Thanks Ella. We’ll get there, in the meantime, she’s getting quite good at mopping up accidents.

 

Lillian gets goofier by the day. She’s so close to taking a step. Cruising along our furniture with one hand. She just won’t let go yet. And, that’s quite okay! Ella is starting to play with her more which she adores. Today they were even wrestling a bit and Lillian was all giggles. She’s the master of funny faces and big smiles. While mostly happy, she already knows how to throw herself onto the floor screaming when things aren’t going her way. When she gets a stern “no!” or can’t have something she wants – waterworks. Luckily, it’s short lived and she’s back to her happy self within minutes. I can’t believe she’s almost one! But she’s losing that baby look and turning into a little girl. Always my baby you’ll be.

 002 019

So close to one, therefore, she’s also so very helpful.

Look at how quickly she can distribute a pile of hangers while I fold clothes? Effective too, not a hanger left behind.

027

She loves her daddy!

 040 045 050

Spaghetti night.

No comments: