We had a great weekend, lots of fun activities but rather low-key. I was able to spend a lot of time with girlfriends between Friday night and Saturday scrapbooking. It’s always nice to get some time to talk to adults and not worry about diapers, meals and little girl fighting/screaming/biting. Sunday was truly the family day. We started the morning at church, attending the dedication of our great friends, the McKinney’s son, Hunter. There’s just something about seeing those sweet little babies up on stage and their angelic photos on the big screen. I get immediately choked up. It was hard to hold back the tears when it was my own baby up there, but I was also up there which made it easier to suppress the tears. However, I was nearly a blubbery mess watching other people’s babies. Always am. I just love babies. After church, we went to the McKinney house for some lunch. The girls were in quesadilla heaven, did well around all of the family, including Alex. There were a few tears from a little fear of the dogs. But, once the girls figured out the dogs were friendly, everyone was happy. Both passed out on the way home, exhausted by the fun.
We attempted to get some photos of the girls together. This has been a sticking point of their entire sibling lifetime. Ella does not like having to sit next to Lily for photos. The handful I have been able to take in the last year are cherished indeed. But, they were both happy, looking cute and amicable to having photos done together. Loran snapped away while they read a book together and then they excitedly listened to me sing “Jingle Bells” and “Happy Birthday” over and over. You’ll see from the blur, half of our models are a little more animated and active than the other half…
Where’d she go?
We ended the evening by playing some good old fashioned Candy Land. Ella’s starting to get the hang of it. Lily wants nothing more than the opportunity to eat her game piece. We played on her behalf while she drove around the table mad that she couldn’t fully participate in the manner she saw fit.
Intimidation.
Random photos…
More rapid fire photos of Lily – I love how quickly her expressions change. Future thespian?
Ella on Friday after school. She unintentionally sacked out.
No comments:
Post a Comment