I’ve been doing Lily’s quarterly photos since six months. We had a friend do her 3 month photos in conjunction with our family photo shoot which turned out amazing. After spending four figures total for Ella’s 3, 6, 9 and 12 month photos, I figured it was worth it to try it on my own. I have a quality camera, some nice lenses and I’ve even had a photography class. Months six and nine weren’t too difficult because Lily had limited mobility. By nine, she was crawling, but that’s not too difficult to keep up with. Twelve months meant I had to deal with a walking, climbing Lillian. I’d thought of taking her to the Conservatory at Como, but that seemed like a disaster waiting to happen as Lil munched on a tropical plant or fell in the pond of the sunken gardens. Instead, I just threw a dress on her ($2) and posed her around the house. The results, I think, were great! Helps that I have a total ham to work with.
This is the only edited one I’ve done, it’s my favorite. Yes, that’s a plastic head of lettuce in her hands – she was thrilled to hold onto it.
This was the start of our morning, a teary Lily clinging to my leg…I wasn't so sure this would work out! But, my baby loves an audience and once she was in her dress and in front of the camera, she turned on the charm.
Dropping the lettuce…grrr…foiled again!
We can’t end without some classic Lily faces! She’s really into squishing up her nose and squinting now.
No comments:
Post a Comment