If you could have been a fly on the wall this morning, you would have seen Ella descend the stairs, run to the table and exclaim, “Whoohoo! Chex cereal!” complete with first pump. You may have even thought, hey, that’s a great reaction to Chex, a pretty quality cereal. Upon further inspection, you’d have noticed that she was really pumped up because her bowl contained Boo Berry. Oh yeah, blue milk cereal. Ella just calls all of her cereal Chex. Not quite as impressive on the mom front, but sure is funny.
We’ve hit a few milestones in our house. Lillian, who has always been obsessed with shoes, successfully put her shoes on (the wrong feet) and that’s how we wore them. There was much pride! She’s been practicing with everyone else’s shoes. It’s kind of a slam dunk when she tries adult sized shoes, but looks mighty cute.
Ella drew her first person, unassisted. If you look closely, you can see the head, with two eyes and a smile (and a random line placed later) and it has arms and legs protruding from its giant head. LOVE IT!! I love little kid drawings! How can you not smile?
Loran was away on a one day business trip to Boston and I decided it was time…time for both girls to partake in baking. Yes, I made chocolate chip cookies with a one and three year old. Ella was busy scooping flour into our measuring cup while Lily and I measured and poured other ingredients. They both watched wide eyed as I mixed it and were happy to taste-test our creation. We did have one small problem when I accidently forgot to set the timer on one batch and then proceeded to put the girls to bed. And while I can get them into bed pretty quickly, this wasn’t one of those instances. I got their pjs on, we brushed teeth, made our way upstairs, read a story and both girls got tucked in. Then the requisite starting of the CD player and illumination of Twilight Turtle and Ladybug…only when I was coming down the stairs and smelled the burning did I hustle and realize my slight problem…They’re just a bit crispy.
Ella is starting to really retain what happens in her life, and then is able to relate it to other stories that she sees on television or in books. At one of her schools, she learned about the Three Billy Goats Gruff and she has been regaling us with the story over and over. She even was directing me, as we both acted out the story. Today, at her other school, she learned a song about elephants and we’ve been having a lot of giggles erupt as she sings it.
We’re also getting into dress up, even more than ever. I switched out toys today and brought out some dress up apparel and baby care gear. They’ve been so busy, I probably wouldn’t even see them if they didn’t need help with outfit changes!
Meet Princess Ella….
…and her apparently socially awkward sister, Lillian the Duchess of Pampers.
No comments:
Post a Comment