Last year, I purchased the girls a small ladybug kite, possibly for Easter. It has since stayed in its packaging in the front porch, constantly taunting the girls. They’ve wanted so badly to play with it, not really understanding what it was. A week ago, we brought the girls to the park to try out this kite thing. There was a nice breeze and much excitement. Once the kite was unpacked and assembled, I thought the fun of seeing it take flight would inspire wide-eyed excitement. Well, Lily lost interest the second it took flight and took off for the playground. Ella was mildly interested and wanted to fly it, then she realized “flying” it consisted of holding onto a string. Excitement was also quickly lost. Off to the park we went.
We were in a safe kite-flying area, despite the menacing looking power lines in the background.
The park held the usual excitement of slides, swings and climbing. The girls both heavily protested leaving the park as lunch time approached. By heavily protested, I mean that Lillian had to be carried away kicking and screaming and Ella ran the opposite direction.
Kicking and screaming aside, it was nice to get out after a rather boring and dreary Saturday. The highlight was probably when I hung giant sheets of paper on the patio door and let the girls use dotters on them. Lily’s sheet had their Toy Story decals showing through, so she meticulously dotted each character’s eyes, ears, mouth, hands, feet…it was rather interesting to watch. All of that excitement culminated in naps for both girls and a couple of cats. Crazy times, here…
However, the park may have worn them out too, on Monday, this is how I found them after lunch…
Of course, Lillian would choose the ottoman.
No comments:
Post a Comment