Mother’s Day morning, I had a great breakfast prepared by Loran and opened my gifts. Now, given what I’d received you would think it was Father’s Day, however it was just what I’d wanted! Golf balls (pink!) and a Home Depot card (for all my projects!). Ella had painted a bird house for me and was thrilled to show it to me. It was really well done and I loved watching her little chest puff up as she showed me her creation. She’s so proud of it.
Later that day, we dropped the girls off and Loran and I were off to the Twins game. We had the privilege of sitting in some of the 3M season ticket seats. By winning the lottery for these seats, we were given the opportunity to purchase the tickets – just so we’re all clear on that! :) Of the games I’ve been to at Target Field, they were easily the best seats I’ve been in. Right behind home plate, a few rows behind the super expensive seats.
We had a great time. The weather was perfect, if not a little hot until the shade caught up with us an hour into the game. The women were given a pink Twins scarf that had the Twins logo bejeweled on it. Unfortunately, on the other side of the scarf were the bejeweled words: diet pepsi and the Pepsi ball. I quickly figured out that I could pick the jewels off with my fingers. It took me 9 1/3 innings but I got the entire Pepsi side picked off. Loran laughed at the floor under our seats. Throughout the rows it was peanut shells, sunflower seeds and other baseball park litter and beneath my seat – glitter. To top it off, the Twins won! A rarity lately so that made it extra fun.
As we were leaving, we were just going with the flow of people. We had parked on the streets closest to the outfield so we wanted to go out the gates nearest our car. We were just walking along when we started going down a ramp. I felt right away that this wasn’t right. Since we weren’t on an upper level of seats, we didn’t need to go down to get to the gates…but we just went with the throngs of people winding lower and lower down the ramps. It was very much like getting out of Yankee Stadium which is part of why it felt so wrong…however, Loran put the pieces together and realized we were going down on the field. Kids get to run the bases after Sunday afternoon games, and there we were among hundreds of families with small children winding down to the field.
Out we went, onto the field in the outfield, where we wrapped ourselves around the park on the warning track. Well, when in Rome…take photos! Around we went, skipping running the bases since we didn’t have small children with us and back around the warning track near where we were originally sitting…so there we were, back to winding around looking for the right gate. It all worked out, and we had a lot of fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment