Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Hangin’ with my Shorty

Loran and I have been on quite the yard work kick. Part of it has been spurred on by actually subscribing to the brush removal service and thus feeling like we really need to get our money’s worth out of it. Of course, having about seven years (yes, we’ve now been in Minnesota for seven years!) worth of yard work to do helps. The last four years, I’ve subscribed to the theory that I can either keep little girls alive or the gardens, but not both. I chose the girls. It’s less paperwork to let your gardens turn into giant weed patches. Now that we have a four and two year old, we actual are able to get them to contribute a bit. They’re more than happy to haul branches, pick up sticks and throw leaves in a bin.

IMG_7478IMG_7480

Despite both girls being off the charts for their height, Lily is still at a slight disadvantage. Let’s play find Lillian!

IMG_2138IMG_2140IMG_2163

The girls have been enjoying the fruits of their labors though. Lots of gymnastics being done in the yard lately.

No comments: