Wednesday, January 9, 2013

December Randomness

A quick photo drop of things I want to remember but don’t really have an entire story surrounding them…

IMG_2814

Having lunch with Loran when he was home the first time after 12 days. Ella was in heaven – plus we were at Smashburger – her favorite.

IMG_2817

The girls received some princess gear for their birthday. Here’s Lily all decked out.

IMG_9172IMG_9173IMG_9176

IMG_9180IMG_9181

I was feeling some mom-guilt over not making Christmas cookies with the girls. With everything going on, it was just easier to say “no” to the several cookie exchange invitations I had. I did end up buying some sugar cookie dough since decorating is the best part. mmm…frosting and sprinkles!

IMG_9188IMG_9189

IMG_9191

Enjoying the wintery view. Didn’t enjoy the drafty windows since I couldn’t winterize because the house is for sale.

IMG_9406IMG_2833

IMG_2846IMG_2853IMG_2856

The first morning Loran was home -  for good. He was swarmed by the girls and the cats!

IMG_2860

A girl and her stickers.

IMG_2836

This happy little girl, laying in my bed had been sick the night previous. Of course, while Loran is gone. I don’t handle sickness very well. However, when I heard the whimpers over the monitor, I faced my fears and dealt with it with grace and calm. I didn’t even wear my industrial 3M face mask…big step! Lily was sick four times in two hours, but the game changer was that she learned how to use a bucket. That changes everything! She was fine by midnight and was fine all day the next day. Right before bed after downing a giant cup of milk, she was bouncing around on the couch. I’d just gotten up when she got sick all over where I’d just been sitting…typically I wear a bullseye, so I was happy to have been spared that time! Lily was completely taken by surprise. Ella freaked out and started screaming because some got on her sock…because I needed more drama. Lily was fine the rest of the night and I threw out her newly opened milk carton. While the date said it was good, she coincidentally threw up after drinking the milk. No one else got sick, thankfully. Maybe I wasted the milk, but it made me feel better.

No comments: