Two weeks ago, our house received stucco and the interior walls were textured. Late in the week we received a big delivery of doors, trim, cabinets and closet parts. I was so surprised when we visited the house on the weekend that the cabinets were already installed!
What a difference a day makes. Thursday afternoon on the left, Saturday afternoon on the right. That sand pile is now stucco and all of the cabinets installed!
The girls’ desk and the office desk
My much anticipated spice cabinet!
Yes, that’s poop on the floor. A creature has already pooped on our floor. Now it really feels like home! Next time we visited, the poop was gone. Until I sign the closing papers, I’m not responsible for cleaning feces that aren’t belonging to a small Gutt.
Stucco
Love the view and blue skies.
Saturday, February 9th, David Weekley Homes had a neighborhood party for all of the DWH families building in Sweetwater. It was so fun to meet some of our new neighbors. Seriously, everyone we talked to was fantastic. Down to earth, fun and friendly! I’m excited to get to know everyone as the years pass. We met two other little girls who are starting Kindergarten in the fall. Lots of other children to play with and some (including twins!) still in the oven. I think our neighborhood sidewalks will have a lot of trike traffic. Can’t wait
I drove by Tuesday, last week and our stucco was getting painted!
On Wednesday, Lily and I popped in for a visit before we had to pick Ella up. We were going to walk on the trails, but the house was quiet so like moths to a flame…and lo and behold, we not only had a painted exterior, but all of our doors, shelves, window sills and closet shelves had been installed.
We’re getting a specially crafted dining room ceiling. The pitch was done wrong so it had to be redone, we heard about it on Monday afternoon. Wednesday afternoon it was in progress, when we returned on the weekend, it had been fixed and re-sheet rocked – fast! A little set-back, but it will be worth it
Not camera shy.
My (and Loran’s) closet!
Lily and I took a walk to enjoy the scenery and find butterflies.
Saturday afternoon, we were back with Loran, sure enough more changes including our mantel, the closed-up dining room ceiling, attic stairs and the scaffolding out front had been removed.
Lily giving kisses and Loran and Lily playing ice cream store in the guest bedroom closet.
Lily jumps! Loran checks out the attic…what could go wrong with Lily standing guard?
After touring our house, we went through some of the open houses in the neighborhood. More specifically, we went to see other builder’s houses. We hadn’t done that in our neighborhood. We’d seen David Weekley’s houses online and in person in another neighborhood and really liked the open plans, energy ratings, craftsmanship and integrity. We were pretty much sold. I’d avoided the other builders in our neighborhood for fear that I’d end up liking one more and then feel remorse. Maybe it’s because we’ve already invested so much in the house we’re building, beyond actual dollars, but I can honestly say that of all the open houses we toured, I didn’t like any of them nearly as much as I love our house. The floor plans didn’t flow as well and there were just oddities I couldn’t get past. All of them great houses, but not our house. Now I feel really good about our house and the options we’ve chosen to customize it.
It’s so fun to watch the house being built. I visit it, at least drive by, every few days. The process is going so smoothly that if you blink, you miss something. There’s always something new to see, sometimes big things like entire walls and cabinets and sometimes small items like wiring and hardware. Each part playing a significant role in making our house a home!
1 comment:
The house looks beautiful! I haven't read your blog in so long (its now in my google reader), and I had no idea you moved to Texas! I'll enjoy keeping up on the blog :-)
Post a Comment