I’ve gotten away from posting day-to-day musings like I used to. Now I do these photo drops outlining a specific event. Still good, but I always love going back and reading about the daily life things that I would have forgotten otherwise.
There’s no photo, no monumental event to surround some of these little tidbits that would just blend into everyday life, unless I write them down. I put a lot of things on Facebook, but those get buried.
This morning, Lily was laying in bed while I helped Ella get dressed. She pops her head up and says:
L: Mom, are those pajamas or real clothes?
C: Real clothes.
L: …
L: Oh, they look like pajamas.
I’ll let it slide, since yesterday I took time to blow out my hair with product and apply makeup (MOPS meeting) and both girls were so taken aback in amazement when I woke them up, I felt like a princess. Ella even stroked my hair to tell me how beautiful it was.
I haven’t fallen into a pajama-clad, un-showered, heap of despair since moving to Texas. Far from it. Every day I’m showered, dressed in “real clothes” and have some sort of makeup (typically to make me look natural without actually looking seriously natural). But if I went all out (who am I kidding?) every day, no one would notice. It’s nice to be able to get extra compliments on my beauty just by slapping on some lipstick or spritzing with perfume. Besides, I’m not going to waste my makeup on people who think true fashion is stripes, dots, sparkle, bright!, tutu and knee socks - all at once.
No comments:
Post a Comment