One evening, before bed, I did my usual check on the girls. I slowly opened the door and was distracted by the change in lighting. One of their nightlights/monster deterrents wasn’t turned on, which left the room looking different. As I was noting that, I then noted that while Ella was snug in her bed snoozing, Lily was not. I’ve had the experience where missing Lily was in the bathroom, so I looked around the corner…empty.
Imagine my surprise when I nearly stepped on Lily. She was laying on her stomach on the floor, rug style. My heart jumped a little. Then I laughed. I left to get Loran and show him, and while I debated taking a photo, I didn’t want to wake Ella…it was a school night after all. Loran scooped her up and tucked her into her proper place in bed, where she stayed all night.
I have friends who post photos of their children sleeping under their beds, in closets, in boxes, and even one who had fallen asleep with a foot stool on her head. I don’t have those types of photos, my children have always slept in their beds, until that night.
And the following day…
After a vigorous morning at school, Lily happened to fall asleep in the car when we picked up Ella. I carried her into the house and placed her on the couch to finish her nap. After sleeping for a half hour or so, Ella mentions that Lily just got up and fell asleep on the floor. Sure enough, Lily woke up, got off the couch and moved to the floor.
Loran says if she keeps it up, we won’t be buying her a bed.
No comments:
Post a Comment