Wednesday evening, we were awoken by a crying Lily. That in itself is not strange. Loran and I had actually gone to bed around 9:30 in an attempt to catch up on sleep…classic. Lily was up around 11:30. However, this time she was actually sick and threw up. This continued almost hourly all night. I was up and down like a whack-a-mole game. I’ve become a lot braver in the face of sickness, thankfully. The fact that Lily is a pro at using a bucket really helps. I had her stay home Thursday and Friday, luckily, she stopped getting sick early Thursday. Friday morning she was still a little down, but definitely perking up. By Friday afternoon, she was her usual wacky self, playing and jumping off of furniture.
But of course, Ella came home from school this afternoon dragging and has a fever. She’s sleeping on the couch. Hopefully this will be rather uneventful. No school for her tomorrow, again.
Just to add to the fun, I’ve been collecting wood crates to finish for a project. I’m one crate away from having all I need so I decided to start staining them today on the balcony during my “free time” when the girls were at school. Warm with a nice breeze, I was listening to podcasts from our MN church and enjoying being creative, when I rogue gust came up. That rogue wind gust blew my supplies over, including the can of dark walnut stain! I had newspaper down, but just under the crate I was working on due to the breeze. Stain was pooling all over the balcony. Project over (for now), I was now cleaning up manically. I then spent the rest of my “free time” scrubbing the balcony cement with a bristle brush and bleach water. Luckily, that mostly worked and there aren’t giant circles of dark walnut, as there had been before the scrub down. Less than two weeks and I’ll be back to ruining my own house, not one we’re borrowing!
..grumble grumble..
1 comment:
Oh no! More sickness! You must be exhausted! Hope everyone is well enough for you to come to MOPs tomorrow!
Post a Comment