I did it. I made it through the last day of preschool. Barely.
First day/Last day
Ella was ready for the last day of school. Despite Lily telling her that staying home with Mommy was boring, I think she wanted to get in on the action. Today they had early dismissal. Lily and I parked in the furthest reaches of the overflow parking lot and made the long, hot trek to get Ella. We got to go in the building to the classrooms. Typically we wait outside and our children are presented to us one by one. In we went where Ella bowled me over with a giant hug and smile. Then Ms. Magee asked for a hug and Ella reciprocated with another gigantic hug and hugged Ms. Rogers without prompting. (pretty remarkable for my girl who isn’t much of a hugger) Thankfully, Ms. Magee was talking with another student because I’m not sure I could have formed words. I had an eyeful of tears and a lump in my throat that was just begging to get out. I exclaimed to Ella, “You’re a Kindergartener!” and she gave a smile and a big hop as she gave me a high five. As we walked out the doors of Lake Travis Elementary for the last time, a few of those tears that had gathered escaped down my cheek. I composed myself and was able to get a picture of Ella leaving the building.
While Ella was enjoying her last morning of school, Lily and I were preparing for summer. One trip to Home Depot later and we were set with sandbox sand, a giant umbrella, outdoor toy storage and some Lysol (because our garbage can is stinky – hey it’s not all fun and games). While we were at Home Depot, our just filled kiddie pool was basking in the sun and warming up for an afternoon swim, once the front of the house is shaded.
We stopped on our way home from school to Ms. Holly’s house (the David Weekley model home) so the girls could see Ms. Holly. Both tore in the door yelling “summer vacation”, dug into the snacks she keeps for them and left exhausted and with balloons. We headed home for lunch and second lunch for Ella, relaxed a bit while waiting for the shade to creep around our pool.
Now the pool is shady and our little relaxation time and turned into naptime.
Summer vacation!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment