Monday, October 7, 2013

Star of the Week

IMG_4465

Ella is the Star of the Week this week. I’m not sure what privilege this entails, but she was pretty psyched about it. Last Monday, she brought the ‘All About Me’ sheet home and immediately started working on it. I’ve never seen her so motivated for anything. Of course, it killed Lily to not have one, so she closely monitored Ella’s work and critiqued as she saw fit (every 10 seconds).

I have to say, being towards the beginning of the alphabet is pretty sweet when you’re in school. Six weeks in, Ella’s the Star of the Week. Doesn’t have to wait until the 26th week to be the Star, like those of us whose last names began with an S… As a child, I didn’t think much of it, from my seating position in the back corner of the classroom, with the rest of the end of the alphabet kids…

No comments: