Thursday, April 24, 2014

Enjoying Horses

I'm enjoying the peacefulness of nature while I sit in the shade at the horse arena. Even Lily notes how quiet and peaceful it is as she colors next to me. Ella's off, out of sight on the trail. She couldn't wait to get out and ride Ed.

We had a make-up lesson yesterday. Ella rode Magic because Ed had just been bathed. But we also had a treat mid-way through the lesson, we all three were invited to groom and lead the mini-horses. So much excitement from both girls!



Ella missed Ed, so she groomed Brody who is a mini-Ed. Lily took care of Scout. Ed kept a careful eye on us the whole time.

Once we were home, both girls needed a little drawing time before bed. Today, the horses received some artwork. 


Ella wrote "love" on her drawing. I love the confidence she's gaining and strength. I was never a "horse girl" when I was young, but I can't help but look in those big brown eyes and love the big creature that can reach into the soul of a child and pull out and cultivate her best qualities. Ed and I shared a moment in the barn. Ed makes me love horses. He also sneezes on Ella, and that's sort of hilarious...less so for Ella.


No comments: