I didn’t update right away, mostly because of the shock of the situation.
Ella lost her bottom tooth during breakfast on Thursday. (Said tooth did end up going to school with her on Friday morning and she misplaced it, so it’s officially gone.)
Friday evening at dinner, I notice one of her upper teeth looks a little crooked. I ask Ella if it’s loose and she tells me it is. I figure in the next week or two we’ll have another tooth to try to finagle out.
As Ella is brushing her teeth before bed, I hear a ruckus. Squealing, some excitement. Usually this means that they have covered something in hand soap. Suddenly, Ella comes running into the kitchen, excited, stops and spits something out of her mouth. I look at the floor (we don’t typically just spit on the floor) and there is a tooth. I ask her to smile, and sure enough, the most precious little toothless grin looks back at me. There is just something about that toothless smile that gets me. Since the other top tooth is slightly loose, I’m sure it will be gone in a few weeks. Just in time for corn-on-the-cob season.
We were all in excited shock. Nobody knew this tooth was close to coming out, and we certainly weren’t expecting two tooth fairy visits in a row! When we thought the excitement couldn’t get any greater over this tooth, I invited Ella to look at her new window in the mirror. I wish I had a video of her absolute joy when she discovered it was a top tooth. She just knew a tooth came out, she didn’t really realize which one. She was completely overjoyed that it was a top tooth.
Ella has been showing the neighbors her new smile, and couldn’t wait to go to school to show her friends on Tuesday.
This tooth business has been really fun so far. I’m sure it helps that Ella is very stoic over things like that. Once Lily starts losing teeth, I’m bracing myself for absolute drama.
No comments:
Post a Comment