I have a few posts rolling around in my head, but they are either too deep/long/complicated to sit and write in the few minutes I have here and there. I’m really busy/borderline overcommitted at this point with a lot of various programs.
But this little gem deserved its own post immediately. The words were only uttered an hour ago. At dinner, we got onto the topic of saving money vs. spending money and the pros/cons of both. Lily was a little stuck on the concept that if you are spending a lot of money, the item you’re buying must also be quite large, and therefore, how would you physically purchase something so large: cart? truck? Valid questions. But then I blew her mind by telling her that the value of something is not aligned with its size. I took off my engagement ring to show her that this item was very expensive, but wouldn’t need a cart.
Then she starts grilling me on how expensive the ring is. Well, aside from it not being her business, and the fact that she measures everything by arm length, including temperature, money and level of sickness, I wasn’t going to elaborate because she wouldn’t understand if I told her it was $500 or $500,000.
Ella starts saying, “$2,000? $3,000? Even $5,000?!”
Loran and I both nod, yes, that is a lot of money.
:: pause ::
Ella: “I got my title back, with Title Max!”
We both look at each other and bust out laughing.
She was quoting a car title loan ad that is commonly on while I watch the news at noon.
Seriously.
And clearly, both children don’t understand the value of things. And Title Max isn’t hitting their target demographic.
No comments:
Post a Comment