Saturday, July 26, 2008

Back to the Grind

I can't believe how quickly time goes. When you have a small baby, the days are so long. But, the weeks are fast. She's gone from being this little cuddly mass to being an active, hands-on-everything baby. I wish I could go back for just an hour and hold newborn Ella one more time. Even though I never wished away her babyhood, I still feel like I missed it.

Ella is working on getting tooth four. Her second top tooth. Much drooling has ensued but she's in good spirits. With top teeth has come a new phenomenon that's really annoying - teeth grinding. She rubs them together when she eats her baby food and it's really really grating on me! It's so hard to hear, but I've read it's common. Ick.

This week, Ella met up with her friend Sophia, who is 14 months old, at Teddy Bear Park in Stillwater. Yes, it's as adorable as it sounds. A whole park for the under five crowd. Ella can't participate yet, but she loves watching the kids and we did go down one slide. Katie took some cute pictures of the girls.

Today we're putting the boat in, finally! Can you say...late? We've been so busy every weekend there just hasn't been time. Maybe Ella will get her first boat ride this weekend too!


Sophia and Ella on the spider web
They weren't so sure about this "sand" thing

No comments: