I think it's time that Ella uses her sippy cups. We've finally found a cup that Ella has mastered. Now, she's just stubborn and doesn't want to give up her bottle. While I think Ella is adorable with her bottle, I also think that weaning it now will be easier than when she's even older and more attached to it. Just like pacifiers. It's initially hard, but in the long-run, it's a good move.
So, after much research this morning, a lot of forums are recommending going cold turkey. Typically, it plays out like this -
Day one - take away bottles, offer the cup of milk all day, whenever. Child will typically refuse it and be crabby. Offer even more solid food.
Day two - much like day one, however usually by the end of the day, child will cave and drink from the cup.
Day three - child is typically willing to drink from the cup.
While I don't want her to get dehydrated, she's healthy and smart enough to know when she's hungry/thirsty and eventually, she'll drink. We've played with the cup before and she's had entire feedings from it.
So, we'll see how this plays out. We've had a hearty breakfast. Ella won't drink from her cup, but is down for a nap (on her two nap schedule - that she's comfortable with) and when she wakes up, I'll offer the cup again and then we'll have lunch!
Mean Mommy.
No comments:
Post a Comment