Ella was NOT happy about this cup thing. She kept pushing it away and would not drink. Although, during snack, she did sneak a couple of pulls from the cup while I wasn't looking. The milk mustache gave her away.
Finally, I had this idea to give her the bottle, but make it as undesirable as possible. I filled it with water and put a size one nipple on it. She uses a size 4, so the change would really be noticeable to her. Suddenly, her bottle was not as pleasurable. She kept pulling it from her mouth and inspecting it, trying to find out what was wrong with it.
By the end of the night, after trying for 10 minutes to get water out of the bottle and only succeeding in getting an ounce, I offered the cup. She grabbed it up and drank a few ounces, happily.
This morning, I brought her to nursery at church during my Bible study and explained what was happening with her feedings. When I picked her up, the women taking care of Ella were quick to point out that she does not like that cup.
Once we got home, I sat down with her and handed her the cup and she took it - like it was no big deal and drank half of the milk. Victory! Not a single swat to knock the cup away! haha!!
Last night, we had to have an impromptu bath after dinner because Ella smeared peanut butter all over her hair. I didn't want to bring my child to nursery as a giant allergen so to the bath we went. Ella splashed around - with me catching the brunt of the splashing on my shirt. I gave her a stylish shampoo do -
And a video of Ella eating a lemon when we were out to eat with my mom and sister. I thought she'd have a better reaction like when we gave Marcus a lemon, or Zachary - apparently, she likes it!
No comments:
Post a Comment