Friday, April 10, 2009

Moving Forward

Monday I attended the last home opener at the Metrodome. We lost, but it was a great game and atmosphere. It was also a nice break from a certain little girl who has been beyond grumpy the last few days.

You could blame the sinus infection, but, Ella took her last dose of antibiotics this morning. She did a great job taking it. I think she liked this even better than the amoxicillin. My baby, the prescription junkie.

Or, you could blame her grumpiness on the fact that she's trying her hardest to become mobile. I call this, the seal crawl. She's suddenly going places. Not too far, she's pretty intimidated to leave the rug, but, with a little coaxing, I can get her to the door so she can look outside. Ella thinks that's pretty neat. She grumps the entire time she's dragging herself across the floor, but I know she secretly likes it. She still is not enjoying PT though.




Now, she can watch the world outside.

And be a little pest. Life is good if you're an Ella.

But, I have to get moving. Ella is napping and I've been slowly painting our bedroom while she sleeps and sometimes plays on the bed. It's been slow progress. Very different from my pre-Ella days of painting and completely re-decorating a room in a day. So tedious now. Ella promised me she'd take a long nap today!

Most kids her age learn the word "no" and use it frequently. Lucky for us, Ella doesn't know the word "no" but she knows "yeah". So, she's such a positive child to have around!

"Ella, do you need your diaper changed?" "Yeah"
"Are you going to take a long nap?" " Yeah"
"Do you like getting your teeth brushed?" "Yeah"
"Should we refinance our house?" "Yeah"

Wise beyond her years, this one.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Yippee Ella we love the seal crawl. Congrats on the movement!