As Ella napped, I continued on the garden process. Moving sod and shoveling compost onto the new garden plot and planting veggies. Once Ella woke up, we took a great walk to the library, visited the mommy duck, who now has an umbrella over her roost to keep her shady. Lucky duck - - hehe! Once back, Ella helped me in the garden. Ella stays on her blanket, but likes to move around the edges, picking at grass and dirt. I glanced over and noticed that Ella was obviously eating dirt. She looked like a little clown with her dirt smile, chewing away on her little treat. We immediately had to wash her up. And that was the end of gardening for the day.
Thursday, May 7, 2009
Garden Gnome
This morning, I got up early when Loran did, so I could accomplish some garden work before Ella woke up. I was outside around 7. Before Ella woke up, I'd broken ground and took up all of the grass that was in what is now, our vegetable garden. I kept checking on my sleeping toddler, but one of my peeks showed me a glimpse of the past. Ella was very reminiscent of infant Ella. As much as I wanted to just stare at her, I had sod to move.


As Ella napped, I continued on the garden process. Moving sod and shoveling compost onto the new garden plot and planting veggies. Once Ella woke up, we took a great walk to the library, visited the mommy duck, who now has an umbrella over her roost to keep her shady. Lucky duck - - hehe! Once back, Ella helped me in the garden. Ella stays on her blanket, but likes to move around the edges, picking at grass and dirt. I glanced over and noticed that Ella was obviously eating dirt. She looked like a little clown with her dirt smile, chewing away on her little treat. We immediately had to wash her up. And that was the end of gardening for the day.
As Ella napped, I continued on the garden process. Moving sod and shoveling compost onto the new garden plot and planting veggies. Once Ella woke up, we took a great walk to the library, visited the mommy duck, who now has an umbrella over her roost to keep her shady. Lucky duck - - hehe! Once back, Ella helped me in the garden. Ella stays on her blanket, but likes to move around the edges, picking at grass and dirt. I glanced over and noticed that Ella was obviously eating dirt. She looked like a little clown with her dirt smile, chewing away on her little treat. We immediately had to wash her up. And that was the end of gardening for the day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment