Sunday, June 14, 2009

Weekend Round-Up

We've had a busy, action-packed weekend. Marlena and Marcus were visiting from St. Louis. We saw them on Friday and Sunday. I learned that taking pictures of two kids is next to impossible.

Ella has a new hobby, walking along everything. She's moved past the couch and tables. She'll walk along the walls, doors, anything. Now, we finally have to use our baby-proofing mechanisms.


Saturday, we decided to announce our news to the world. Partially due to Chelsey's facebook status that was already outing us. We'd told our parents on Friday night and I had some pictures of Ella ready to go (see previous blog post). I wrote everything out, had to click on the names several times due to misclicking, finally got everything ready, hit send...realized I hadn't attached the pics. Grr! So, because I BCC'd everyone, I couldn't just hit reply all. Back to clicking on individual names again. Meanwhile, the clock was ticking...we had to volunteer at church in the nursery. I get everyone clicked, pictures attached, hit send and Yahoo! won't let me send the message, stating I've reached my limit for the hour! What!?!? *#^*% So now we really have to go, and I'm risking half of my address book thinking I might be a little diminished mentally. I brought my laptop to church, and a little over an hour later, hit send. Drama.

We continued the fun by heading to our friend Katie's 30th birthday party. It was a great night to be outside with friends. Unfortunately, when I went in to get a plate of yummy food, Ella was cruising along the coolers when some guys decided they needed to get into said coolers. Daddy wasn't quite close enough, so stranger anxiety ensued. Thereby turning into crying, which led to gagging and suddenly, Ella's dinner was on Katie's driveway, and Ella's dress. Once we got everyone cleaned off and Ella changed into some of Sophia's clothes, Ella became the life of the party and was happy as can be. More drama.


Sunday morning, I caught Loran reading to Ella when he got her up. It was cute, so I had to snap a photo. Then, I get yelled at to come across the house and found the family gathered at the front door watching a squirrel that decided to peep in our windows. Ella and the cat had a great time watching the little furry friend on the other side of the window.


Loran
left for Chicago for a quick business trip. Ella and I headed west to meet the girls for dinner. We had a great time together, just like old times. Except we're turning into wives, mothers and aren't poor college students!

No comments: